Pages

Friday 8 January 2016

Vegan Breakfast Scramble

My first eggless breakfast of 2016! Actually, my first vegan egg breakfast ever...

I credit Pinterest & the Food Network for any of my culinary skills. That, and a love for dining out that started at a young age. I'm an only child, and my parents always had a taste for dining. Lucky for me, they brought me along! I am constantly looking for new recipes, and experimenting in the kitchen. My love for all things food brought me to my latest obsession: Hot For Food

What I love most about Lauren & John's recipes, are that they are very savory heavy. I find many raw/vegan blogs feature way too many desserts. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, and when I'm searching for vegan recipes, what I really need is alternatives that I can work into my daily life. Not 50,000 raw-coconut-date-cake recipes. 

I adapted this Tofu "Egg" Scramble from their recipe. I used their basic recipe, but I had medium firm tofu already, and that turned out just fine. I used almond milk for my non-dairy milk. I added red onion, red pepper and spinach. 

This was INSANELY good! It tasted as good, if not better than real eggs, and it was actually such a relief to not feel bloated and sick afterwards, like I do with real eggs. 

I made this again the following day, and would have made it again today but I was out of tofu. This will be my staple savory breakfast for the foreseeable future!

No comments:

Post a Comment