Pages

Monday 11 January 2016

Post Christmas Sephora Haul



I got spoiled for Christmas this year! The husband got a Sephora gift card, and I made the most of it. 


I restocked on some basics, like the UD Primer Potion, and my Anastasia Dipbrow. The Primer Potion is a holy grail product for me. I have supremely oily eyelids, and I cannot even do any kind of eye shadow without it. Anastasia Dipbrow is also a wonder product, I use it nearly everyday. I finally needed a new one after over a year of use! To those who may think the $23 price tag is too steep, the price per wear is next to nothing. This stuff lasts forever. 

I picked up a Nars Eyeshadow in Bali, because I loved the shade Undone from the UD Naked 2 Basics palette, and mine broke. I used the dupe list on Temptalia to find a match for this shade, and Nars Bali is perfect. This is my go-to lower lash line shadow. It works with every look. 



Then I picked up some splurge items. Husband told me I should get something that I wanted but couldn't justify because of the high price. Say no more, fam. I picked up the Marc Jacobs Remarcable Full Coverage Foundation. This is a $69 foundation. That is insane. I'm aware. But its also a beautiful, long lasting, light, full coverage, matte foundation in my shade. So there's that. I love this stuff. You only need a few drops and its enough to do a full, flawless face. I have a before & after post featuring this foundation coming soon. 

Next splurge item is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light. Again, $52 is a lot for a finishing powder. I would likely not have purchased this if I didn't have a gift card. I'd heard so many good things about these powders, but was always worried that they'd be too dark for me. Then I saw Arna Alayne on YouTube using this and the Ethereal Light, and I knew I had to try it! This is a finely milled, glowy, yellow finishing powder. Its lovely. It just smooths everything out, and makes your skin look perfect. Its a great topper for the MJ Foundation too, because its glowy and the foundation is super matte, which can look a bit chalky. 



Then finally, a reasonable purchase. I've always struggled with skincare. I had really bad breakouts as a teen, and into my early twenties. I've always had very oily skin, and for a long time, I thought that I needed to use drying products to combat that, and I never ever used moisturizer. Big mistake. That just made my skin produce more and more oil. I also have very reactive, sensitive skin. So many things make me break out, and since I'm so pale, the redness shows immediately. Fair beauty Leigh Dickson mentioned in her YouTube video on skincare that she loved Ren for her sensitive skin so I thought I'd give it a whirl. This is a set from them called "Stop Being So Sensitive!". I've been using it for about a week now, and no negative reactions so far! Might finally have my go-to day & night creams!

And that's my Sephora haul! This purchase pushed me into VIB Rouge status which means I get free shipping for all of 2016, so look out... more hauls to come :)


No comments:

Post a Comment