Pages

Friday 8 January 2016

New Year, New Concessions...

Happy 2016! Can't believe it, last year was a blur for me. I spent the first part of the year working my butt off, then partied all Summer in beautiful Squamish, then finished the year by moving "home" with my hubby.

A new year always brings around the idea of fresh starts. I'm not usually one to jump on the resolution train, but this year I've finally had to admit something to myself: I am allergic to dairy.

I've always been a little lactose intolerant, but I could deal with it if it meant that I would get to have some creamy brie or Half Baked Ben & Jerry's.... Over the past few years though, it has been getting worse, to the point where I get debilitating pains in my stomach afterwards. I also started to be able to pinpoint eggs as a big problem for me. Luckily, I already really like things like almond milk and coconut milk, so there will be plenty of alternatives for me.

I've also been toying with the idea of giving up all animal food products while I'm at it, but the prospect of labeling myself as "vegan" is a little scary. I don't want to upset the internet warriors :P

TL;DR: I'm giving up dairy in 2016. Stayed tuned for lots of vegan/plant-based/dairy-free recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment