Pages

Tuesday 16 June 2015

June 2015 Ipsy Glam Bag Unboxing & First Impressions!

Hey guys!

Its that time of the month again...wait no, not THAT time, not right now anyways... Its IPSY time!




I've been a subscriber since November 2014. I'll be honest with you, the bags I received in the early months of 2015 were pretty dismal, and I even toyed with the idea of cancelling and just committing the $$ to something I actually wanted. I kind of decided to give them a second chance though, because I honestly forgot to cancel in time, and I LOVED my May bag. So here we go for June!

First things first, the bag itself. Super cute this month, I'm loving the scuba look it has to it, but I do kind of wish it didn't have "ipsy" plastered all over it.
You can't really see it in from the front view but my favourite part is actually the bright neon coral zipper! (Bonus nail pic)

Now let's get in to the products:

J. Cat Liptitude 

0.42 oz, which is full size, so this is worth $6

This one is FULL SIZE which is always exciting, even though I haven't loved the J. cat lip products I've received in the past. I am a little disappointed in this colour, because I received a very similar product in an almost identical colour in my February glam bag

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

0.25 oz, pretty decent size for a sample, this is worth $9

Ok so I already love this product, it makes your skin so perfectly smooth, and your foundation applies BEAUTIFULLY on top of it, HOWEVER! I do find that if I use it every single day, I get quite a lot of small blemishes/blackheads, which makes sense because its basically like tile grout filling in your pores! But oh man, does it make your skin look flawless. 

BioRepublic Sheet Masks (3 of them)

These run for $5 each, and you get 3 of them so $15 total

Its always nice to have some extra masks around, but since I have super sensitive skin, I'm going to do some research on these before I try them out. 

Glamierre Flat Top Concealer Brush

This is regular price $13 but its on sale on they're site for $6

The way to my beauty box heart is with BRUSHES! You can literally never have too many brushes. And my favourite Bare Minerals concealer brush is starting to look a little haggard so fingers crossed!
You can see mine has a little stray hair curling the wrong way but I'll just pluck it out later on. It was packaged very well, not ipsy's fault at all.


treS'tique (okay sorry could this brand name be any more of a train wreck?) Mini Shadow Crayon 


A trio of the shadow minis on their site is $32 so one is worth about $10.50

Naming issues aside, this is a really pretty champagne colour. I'm going to try it out with some golds for a nice shimmery sun goddess look and I'll report back. I checked out the full size of these babies, and they are double ended with a smudgie sponge on the other end so a little bummed that I don't get that part.

Here's a swatch of the shadow stick and the lip stain, you can juuuuuust barely see the shadow!


So all together this month's Ipsy bag that I received is worth $46.50, which is decent considering that with the Canadian exchange I pay on average $17 for each bag. Its good enough to keep me sub'd for another month! We'll see what fate has in store in July...

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment